Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tenacious Plants

I started mowing/weeding the area where I had blackberry plants last year.  I had let it go while I was dealing with the rest of the garden.  The weeds were 2.5 feet high.  And, yet, when I cleared things out, there were robust blackberry plants. Seriously.  Photos tomorrow.

Finally got the alcove mowed and weeded.  The hostas are doing well, as are the transplanted ferns.

Repeat after me.  Quarter inch hose is not made for long runs.  To do long runs, use at least half inch. Tomorrow I have to re-do a section of irrigation.

I want to get all the weeds pulled tomorrow and the landscape fabric put in in the area on the perimeter of the garden.

I also want to finish cleaning the back porch.  I got it mostly done today. Yay me!

I also want to run to the other Home Depot to check their garden center for more of that spiffy edging material,

I would also love to get the blueberry patch put in.  However that requires help from David as I need to build up the bed on one side since it is on a hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment