Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lots of Progress

Spent time today pruning the grape vine on the arbour.  I cut it back from four main vines to three and pruned out a lot of smaller stuff.  My hope is that it makes lots of edible grapes this year.   It is a wild vine, but I have hopes.





 
I weeded and cleared a lot of excess plants from between these trees.  It isn't near



The rhododendrons are just starting to bloom!



These are blooming at the end of the gully.  I've no idea what they are.



And thanks to David's help, the trellises are all in the garden now.  I tied up the tomatoes, which really needed the support already.



And, tonight for dinner we ate our first harvest.  I made steamed Kale with a cashew cream sauce.  I also made a large salad of micro greens from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment