Thursday, June 13, 2013

Harvest

I am stunned by how well the vegetable garden is doing.  Between the amazing growing medium I put in the raised beds and the regular rain, the silly plants have gone bonkers. (Yes, that is the technical word for it.)

Tonight, I brought in another huge bunch of kale, spinach, micro greens, and just for fun, we picked a beet.  It was still pretty small, but it was definitely big enough to make small chips.

I started adding more supports to the tomatoes (and pruning them a bit).  I also prepped another ten-foot gutter to mount on the fence.  I have 3-4 more strawberry plants I want to put in.

I bought some netting to put over the strawberry gutters.  Something is nibbling the berries. :(
I need to get it mounted tomorrow.  I'm still thinking about the best way to do this.

Cabbages

Beets

No comments:

Post a Comment