Friday, May 31, 2013

New Plants

So, I can never pass up a 50% off sale at Veseys.  Call me weak.

Yesterday, the plants I ordered arrived.

I put these in the front street-side bed (now known as the purple and white bed)
Blush Blend Calla Lilies (3)


and a Queen of the Night Calla Lily


I also planted three more Bleeding Heart plants around the birch tree.  I had planned on putting one where the Virginia Blue Bell plant was, because I had of course killed off yet another bluebell plant (it is a gift).  However, when I went to plant, lo and behold, the blue bell lives!    So, this year, I've set a record.  3/4 Bluebell plants have lived.



I added another Hello Yellow Butterfly Flower to the butterfly garden.



In the "rock garden" I'm creating, I've added two different plants:





In the morning glory bed on the south side of the house, I've planted Coral Bells in front of the morning glories.  I liked the idea of all the morning glory color followed by the coral bells color.

Further down in the same bed, in a more shaded area I planted five Bressingham Blue Hostas.


Veseys tossed in a couple of freebies as well.  They sent a Sarah Bernhardt Double Peony.  I put it in a huge planter and will put it on the back porch.


No comments:

Post a Comment