Friday, October 5, 2012

Walls, Trash, and Mosaics: Plans Part III

Where the fence is between our neighbor's yard and ours, I want to construct a fence that is about seven feet high.  Instead of a straight, boring fence, I want to do it in panels so I can mix in vertical succulent gardens, mosaics, and ivy walls.

Also, we are planning to do the deck next summer.  The plans have now been extended to include a greenhouse on the end of the deck....and a small hot tub in it. If I have to heat the greenhouse, I'd rather heat a hot tub. :)  I'm thinking heat and moisture in a greenhouse are a good thing.

Oh, and we need to build a trash/green bin/recycling container hutch. 

And, in the continuing stream-of-consciousness style of the last two posts, the morning glories were late this year, but are doing beautifully now.  I am going to line the bed so I can add some tri-mix.   I moved the white bricks from the back there last weekend.  Now I just need to dig them in.    Hmmm...here's a thought...what if I put mosaics on the edge of them??  They won't be walked on and would look lovely with the morning glories.  Let's see...clean them, put some thinset on them, add pretty things, grout and done. Yep. That would work.


No comments:

Post a Comment