Friday, October 5, 2012

Flowers, and bulbs, and fruit, oh My! Plans, part II

So, three of our apple trees will need to be pruned (a lot) in March.  They are lovely shade trees, but I want the apple off of them next year, so they need to be cut back.  The pear tree is too large to even try.

I think it would be fun to plant a hardy avocado tree in a planter. They are supposed to be self-pollinating. 

I planted 200 Grape Hyacinths in the gully last week.  They should look like a little stream when they bloom.

I also randomly planted crocus, in twos and threes, throughout the front and back yards.  Between them and the Snow Drops, spring should be quite pretty.

Oh!  My autumn crocus have gone crazy!  I have about forty white and purple ones.  What a change from last year.  I've tried to mark them with tags so I don't accidentally dig them up.

I want to re-do the wood chip walkway in the front of the house and use stones and thyme this fall.  Then, on the street side of it, I want to plant Hidcote Lavendar.  Someone suggested it to me this past spring, and now I'm loving the idea.  Curses John! :)  http://www.greatgardenplants.com/files/GGPimages/product/300/LAVHI1Q.jpg








No comments:

Post a Comment